The typical interview experience is as follows:
Evening Before (Monday or Tuesday)
- 7:00PM – Meet residents for dinner at a local restaurant (spouses welcome); Casual dress – jeans ok
Interview Day (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- 7:30AM – Check in with Residency Coordinator; Coffee, juice and light snacks
- 8:00AM – Welcome session by Program Director
- 8:45AM – Interviews with Resident Selection Committee members (20 minutes each). Department tours between interviews.
- 11:00AM – Lunch with Chief Residents and Residents
- 12:00PM – Attend didactic conference with Residents
- 1:45PM – Brief closing meeting with Program Director
Most applicants stay in one of the hotels in the vicinity of the hospital. Below is our preferred hotel (Please note that we are not affiliated with the preferred accommodation).
Double Tree by Hilton
3726 SW 40th Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32608
*Interview candidates must ask for the UF Radiology special rate
Applicants may park in the Visitors/East parking garage. We provide a Parking Voucher for each applicant on the day of the interview. Please do not leave the interview without the voucher as there is otherwise a nominal fee for parking in the Visitor Garage. Use the crosswalk to cross the street, and take the ramped sidewalk down. You will enter the East entrance of Shands Hospital. Continue straight (West) until you reach the Atrium area. Just past the information desk that is on your left, take a right and head straight (North) toward the six set of elevators. Take the elevator to the Ground floor (the Atrium is located on the 1st floor). Exit the elevator and go left and then immediately right and you will see the Department of Radiology posted on the wall. Check in at the front desk. For additional directions, please access the UF Health Shands Hospital map website.
If you have any further questions, please e-mail Sabrina DuBois, Program Coordinator.